Sunday, February 16, 2014

Just a little longer

So here's a quick update. I ordered the D7100 in the end of last month with Tamron 24-70mm f2.8. I know my order has already arrived in Finland, and they tried to deliver it, but my relative is on a vocation right now :) So I'll get them on 1st or 2nd of March. Can't wait :D

 What I didn't say before is that, I also ordered a set of studio lights from Amazon. They have already arrived and I did a quick test with them. The lights are from a company called Walimex. In the set there was one 200W and a 400W light, 2x softboxes and 2x lightstands. I tested them to be sure everything was working and in order. I didn't know much about this set because there weren't any reviews about these products. But as much as I read about these lights on their site and compared to others out there, I thought these were the best for the money. First quick test showed me that I did a great purchase. But I think I still need to further test these out to get to really know them.

 First, the lightstands are pretty great, sturdy and heavy. They also have springs inside, so if I accidentally open the screw that holds the barrel up, it wont come down too hard and break my lights.
 The softboxes are also great. It was little hard to put together the first time, but I think I'm good now. The material seems very strong.
 The lights are made of rubbery plastic(felt a little like rubber when I held it). The modeling lights have 6 adjustable levels and are 150W. The flashes themselves go from 1/1 to 1/32. It can be set as a slave, so you can use other flashes to trigger it. It came with a long power cable and a flash sync cable. Also if you don't like it to beep every time you shoot, there is an option to turn it off.
 As i said, I still have to further test them. I'll post some images too when I do :)

Here's a link if anyone is interested: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Walimex-Pro-VE-200-Studioset-Softbox/dp/B004YITYJ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392574063&sr=8-1&keywords=walimex+ve200

And couple of images of the lights and a test shot:



No comments :

Post a Comment